A Fresh New Start

 


A fresh new start

When I met my wife (Carmen) at 26, I was drowning in a sea of ​​debt! I am now debt free and a multi-millionaire. During this process, I discovered that money can become a great tool. It will take you where you want, but you have to become the driver. The principle of play now, pay later did not work for me. My bad money mindset was driving me deeper into debt! "Never spend your money until you have it." -Thomas Jefferson 4 life-saving ways to a fresh start My wife hated debt, but I was fine with it. This caused intense strife in our marriage at first. I hated working three jobs to become single. 1. Devote yourself to a new way of life The dictionary is the only place to find success before work. I thought my previous lifestyle was living, but I didn't realize I was in prison. I decided that freedom was a better way to live, so I wrote my debt on a piece of paper and put it on the fridge. "The speed of your success is limited only by your determination and what you are willing to sacrifice." - Nathan W. Morris Every time we paid off some debt, I crossed out the old total and wrote the next amount. I needed a visual reminder to motivate me to change my lifestyle. 2. Educate yourself to rise I also despised reading.  My thoughts began to free themselves! When I started investing in knowledge, my interests expanded in many ways! "Rich people are always learning and growing. Poor people think they already know." - T. Harv Eker The combined boost of seeing the books (that I read) stack up and the debt go down gave me a new focus. I started getting up and changing for the better. 3. Believe in your dreams Debt freedom has become a possibility, so I'm starting to dream bigger things. "Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can." - Norman Vincent Peale Our debt has more than halved. Seeing the process work added fuel to my dreams. Pictures were becoming reality! 4. Take all necessary steps to start over Our plan was simple. I would work three jobs until the debt was gone. Then I would work two jobs to support myself and build wealth. Many like to wish, but it is those who plan and take action who see their dreams come true! "Don't tell me what you value, show me your budget and I'll tell you what you value." - Joe Biden We started renovating our home, started a small business, and put money into investments.

Comments